Engineering & Commissioning
JTMEC provides specialised electrical engineering services to the Mining, Construction and Industrial industries. We have extensive and proven capabilities across all aspects of project management, power generation, power systems, control systems, automation, plant integrity and operations support.
Our JTMEC electrical engineering division provides services Australia-wide.
JTMEC have an experienced team of engineers which are available to provide services for small to large scale projects. Our experience enables us to apply specialist knowledge and expertise at all project stages.
Our services include:
- Estimating and Feasibility Studies
- Engineering Design and Drafting
- Commissioning and Training
- Site Engineering Support
JTMEC’s engineering focus is on:
- High voltage power systems and powerlines
- Power network modelling and simulation
- Electrical protection schemes
- Process control systems
- Power generation
- Earthing and lightning protection systems
- Arc-flash studies
- Lighting designs
- Motor control and variable speed drives
- Process control systems
- Radio telemetry and wireless communications
- Fibre optic communications
- Process instrumentation
- Condition monitoring systems
- UPS and standby power
We specialise on site engineering support and are able to provide engineers and engineering teams on a project basis or for individual shutdowns and inspections. This focus on site experience for our engineers promotes practical solutions and a systemised approach to facility testing and commissioning.
JTMEC site engineering support services extend from inspections and audits to documentation and management; as well as hands-on engineering design, drafting, testing and commissioning. We will scope up shutdown projects and manage installation contractors and suppliers.
We have extensive experience in the planning and management of facility operational readiness, testing, commissioning and start-up activities. We will bring our expertise in commissioning and start-up to develop project specific commissioning plans and procedures, as well as schedules, ITP’s and ITR’s.
JTMEC provides a comprehensive range of 2D and 3D CAD drawing services for engineering design as a core component of our service offering. We develop CAD drawings from basic red-line mark-ups to fully integrated system designs to meet the individual needs of our customers.
- Process flow and P&ID drawings.
- Electrical equipment, earthing and wiring drawings.
- Control Systems and communications logic & block diagrams and data networks
- Instrumentation loop and hook-up drawings
- Civil concrete & earthworks
- Isometric and 3D designs for bracketing and equipment detail.
JTMEC has a strong design team that will provide cost effective CAD drafting for new projects and as-building existing installations using AutoCAD, Microstation or Solidworks software.
Our Engineering Division provides a number of services relating to electrical safety compliance and auditing, including:
- Site compliance audits for equipment and safe work practices
- Arc flash assessments and studies
- Lightning protection risk assessments
- Machinery and functional safety assessments
- Development of safe work practices and isolation procedures
- Site training – training on Regulation compliance requirements
- Voltage Segregation – design and implementation for existing equipment
- Isolation and Remote Operation Systems – design and implementation for existing equipment
- Hazardous areas
JTMEC also provides site services for asset maintenance of critical assets related to inspection, testing and condition monitoring of large electrical infrastructure and functional safety systems.
We will provide documentation systems, planning and scheduling for ongoing service inspections of equipment required for the life-time monitoring of assets, as well as:
- Operator / Maintenance Training
- Breakdown Call-outs and Shutdown support
- Equipment Servicing
JTMEC maintains a variety of specialised equipment to assist in testing and certifying all types of installations. Our asset integrity services for Power Systems Infrastructure includes inspection, cleaning and testing for:
- Power transformers – oil tests, winding ratio and resistance tests, tan-delta tests.
- Switchgear – functional tests, partial discharge, thermographic and ultrasonic, hi-pot and ductor tests.
- Protection relays – primary and secondary injection testing and relay configuration.
- Earthing system – soil resistivity, earth grid and stake tests, lighting protection tests.
Whether the requirement is for scheduled compliance inspections for maintenance; configuration, testing and commissioning of new installations, or supervision of construction contractors, JTMEC will provide the right engineers for the job.
Our Chartered Professional Engineers (CPENG) are able to take roles as statutory electrical engineers for mine sites to ensure site testing, maintenance and electrical safe work procedures are compliant with Australian Standards and the regulations of governing authorities.
JTMEC provides expertise in automation, control systems integration and data management for our customers. By developing robust control systems, we aim to simplify process operations, standardise compliance and maximise relevant information to system users.
JTMEC carries out audits and studies, construction engineering, project management and turn-key solutions for:
- Process Control
- Remote Asset Monitoring
- Machine & Vehicle Automation
- MES, Historians, Asset Management & Workflow
- Robotics & Functional Safety
- Communications Networks
- Web-based & Mobile device applications
Using sound engineering techniques, we focus on the integration of new technologies, and improved methods into existing applications as well as the successful transfer of applications from one industry to another.
Our TUV certified functional safety engineers are able to audit or carry out full functional safety managements systems for equipment and facilities.