High Voltage Distribution & Maintenance
High Voltage Jointing and Termination Services
JTMEC has qualified personnel Australia-wide that can provide quality installation, termination and jointing services of high voltage cables up to 33kV.
Our personnel have over 30 years of experience in providing high voltage termination and jointing services to medium and large scale projects and provide these services to Government, construction and mining sectors across Australia.
Please enquire with our friendly team today if you require these services.
High Voltage Installation, Maintenance, Repairs Services
Our qualified personnel provide high voltage installation, maintenance, repairs and upgrade services to our clients.
JTMEC is supported by its experienced electrical engineering division who have the expertise to ensure safe and on time completion of your high voltage infrastructure maintenance and project activities.
We have qualified personnel located across Australia providing these services to our clients.
We can provide supply, installation and maintenance services for:
- High voltage switchyards
- High voltage power lines
- Circuit breakers, switches, isolators and reclosers
- Dead tank circuit breakers – SF6 and air insulated
- Motor control centres
- Kiosk substations
- Protection and control systems
- Low, medium and high voltage cables
- Packaged mining and industrial substations
- Power factor correction units
- High Voltage switchboards
- Heavy current LV switchboards and circuit breakers
- Generator connection services
- Harmonic filters and reactors
- Variable speed drives
- Battery chargers and UPS systems
JTMEC can provide the following services for high voltage transformers:
- General maintenance activities
- Installation and commissioning services
- Comprehensive high voltage testing, diagnostics and condition assessments
- Site based refurbishments including:
- Winding dry outs
- Winding set clamp re-tensioning
- Paper samples
- Comprehensive internal inspections and engineers assessments
- Re-gasketing and general refurbishment
- Bushing retro-fits
- Oil treatment and replacement
- Design modifications
- Protection system upgrades and calibration
- Maintenance and management planning
- Fault repairs
- OLTC maintenance and refurbishments
Transformer Electrical Testing
We provide onsite services for the electrical testing of transformers, supported by JTMEC’s engineering division.
We can provide the following transformer electrical testing services:
- Phase error
- Power factor
- Winding resistance
- Insulation resistance
- Dielectric loss angle (tan Delta)
- Polarisation index
- Magnetising curve
- Sweep frequency response analysis
- Excitation current
- Leakage, resistance and impedance
- Sensor testing and calibration
JTMEC Engineering and Compliance Management Services
Our engineers can conduct regular inspections to prolong the life of your high voltage infrastructure and also provide correct operating procedures and documentation to ensure a safe working environment.
For more information on the services our Engineering Division can provide, please see our Engineering & Commissioning page.
High Voltage Compliance Auditing
Regular high voltage inspections are critical in ensuring the safety of equipment and personnel in an industrial environment. Many safety issues can be identified and prevented by performing a detailed inspection of high voltage electrical equipment and taking necessary corrective actions. When identified early, potential hazards can be removed avoiding downtime, financial loss and risk to personnel.
We can also audit the electrical system documentation associated with high voltage installations. JTMEC will provide a written report identifying areas of non-compliance and remedial actions that should be undertaken to comply with relevant standards and testing including:
- AS/NZS 3000
- AS 2067
- AS 3007
- Arc flash studies
- Power studies
- Protection system reviews
- Earth grid design and testing
- Soil resistivity testing
- Lightning studies
As a full service provider we can provide field and workshop maintenance and testing services to rectify any issues that may be identified during the inspection.
Cable Testing, Fault Locating and Repair Services
We can assist with any onsite cable request from buried services and fault location, onsite cable testing and cable repairs.
Our cable services are backed by our fully licenced cable repair facilities that offer an extensive scope of works including repairs,
plug fitting and testing capabilities.
Our cable repair services are all undertaken in compliance with AS/NZS 1747:2003.
For further information on our cable repair facilities and the services they can provide, please see our Cables page.